Fax Find is Open Source fax searching utility for FAXstf X Pro
faxes that I wrote for my dad. I don't use FAXstf X Pro myself
but if I needed a fax solution on the mac this would be the one I would buy. Fax Find is written in
Java-Cocoa initially using eclipse then in Apples
Xcode. This application is released
under the GPL and in the unlikely event this application causes damage to your computer, files, kills
your dog etc. please remember this is alpha software.
poorly at mac.com
Wicked icon adapted from an icon by Everaldo Coelho
ToDo & Bugs
- Smarter database refresh loading method, its very fast but it could be better
- Triggered or time or date automated database refresh
- Menu Cleanups
- Ummm Preferences :-D
ChangeLog and Source
n.b. If this page looks crap in M$ Internet Explorer call some who cares ! If the page looks crap
in anything else sorry I rustled it up real quickly.
- New Open With Functionality, featuring openers for :-
- Graphic Converter
- Acrobat Reader
- Page Resize minimums and springing
- Fax Search results now show in main window (no more crappy drawer).
- Fax Search Results now include name, date and pages.
- Clicking on Fax Search Result columns now toggles the order in the list.
- Faxes are now opened by a double click rather than single click.
- Fields now all have help information that pops up if you hover over them.
- Date range searching now works (you still must have a search string though).
- New Fax Information Drawer which display detailed FaxSTF info about the Fax.
- General Layout Changes.
- Preview Fax
- Print Fax
- Menu item action joining
- Drawer Fixup
- Increased size list box on open and max size
- Sprung List Box in Drawer
- Blank row select bugfix (was writing crap to system log if you selected a blank row)
- Listing now working
- List Box drawer
- Repaired and simplified casting
- New icon
- Switch to NSDictionary from inbuilt javax xml parser (damn)
- Locates all Faxes
- Loads faxes info.plist into fax object
- Locates matching faxes by title and opens them
- Ported perl script written as a command file